We enjoyed this paleo meatloaf made with coconut flour instead of breadcrumbs. We served it with a little barbeque sauce. Yum yum!
- 1 small finely chopped yellow onion
- 1/2 pound Cremini mushrooms, finely chopped (I didn't have this but would have loved to include.)
- A few sprigs of oregano, parsley and mint finely chopped
- 3 medium garlic cloves, minced
- half a bell pepper of your choice
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 pound grass fed ground beef
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more as needed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper, plus more as needed
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/2 tablespoon mustard powder
- 1 tablespoon ground mustard
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3-5 bacon slices
I forgot to take a picture of the finished product, but here it is before it went into the oven.
You can either make this in a 9 x 5 loaf pan or as meatloaf muffins in a muffin tin.
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease the wells of a 12-cup muffin tin or loaf pan with olive oil.
Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat and sauté the onions, garlic, mushrooms and peppers for about 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and allow the vegetables to cool.
In a small bowl, combine the remaining spices, coconut flour, eggs, vegetable mixture, ground meat, and herbs. Mix with your hands until well combined.
Spoon the meat mixture into the greased muffin tin, top with bacon, and bake for 25 minutes. Or put in a loaf pan, top with slices of bacon and bake for 30 - 45 minutes. Pour off most of the bacon fat once it's done cooking.
Allow the muffins to stand for about 5 minutes before eating.